First aid training could literally mean the difference between life and death. It’s one of the most important things to learn no matter who you are, your interests or what you do for a living. An emergency can strike anywhere and at any time, so having basic first aid training is vital.
- It only takes three to four minutes for a blocked airway to result in someone’s death.
- Here in the United States, at-home injuries account for 33% of all injuries.
- Approximately 2.2 million people in the world are killed by injuries or illnesses at work each year.
- About 15 workers die from traumatic injuries every day in the United States.
- The Heimlich maneuver is not always the best way to help someone who is choking. You should only use the Heimlich maneuver if the person is turning blue and unable to speak.
- The first first aid kit was invented in 1888 by Johnson & Johnson.
- Every year, 200,000 children are injured on playgrounds in the United States.
- 70% of Americans surveyed say they don’t know how to administer CPR or their CPR and first aid training has lapsed.
As you can see from these facts and figures, first aid training is very important when it comes to making sure you can help in the event of an emergency or catastrophe. First aid training comes in handy no matter who you are, what you do or where you’re from.
So when you’re ready to sign up for first aid training in the Twin Cities, call HeartCert CPR at 651-261-2314 or Contact Us. We offer first aid training, ACLS classes and more.